Bellsouth Email Login – Help and Support
BellSouth is an American telecommunications business, which was originally founded in 1983 and which has its headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Originally known as BellSouth Corporation, it provided its own email service, which was previously accessible via the BellSouth.net and BellSouth.com web addresses.
However, the company was acquired by AT&T in 2006 and the two companies merged, with the AT&T name surviving. Since the merger, all BellSouth.net email accounts must now be accessed through the AT&T website at ATT.net.
Bellsouth Email Login.
How Do I Log In to My BellSouth.net Email Account?
In 2017, AT&T announced that various aspects of its long-standing partnership with Yahoo! were going to be wound down. As a result, ATT.net email addresses, including those with @bellsouth.net, @att.net, @ameritech.net, @flash.net, @sbcglobal.net, @prodigy.net, @nvbell.net, @pacbell.net, @snet.net, @wans.net and @swbell.net domains, can no longer be used as Yahoo! accounts. However, you can still log in to your BellSouth email account through att.net.
- To login to your Bellsouth Email account, visit: https://signin.att.com/.
- Alternatively, you can begin at http://www.att.net (which should automatically re-direct to: https://currently.att.yahoo.com). From there, click ‘Mail’ in the top right of the screen and you should be presented with the main AT&T sign in form.
- Once on the ATT Login page, enter your full email address in the field labelled ‘User ID’ and enter the password associated with your email account in the ‘Password’ field.
- You can also click the box labelled ‘Keep me signed in for 2 weeks’ if you would like to make the login process easier in future, although you should avoid doing this on a shared computer.
- Then, simply click on the ‘Sign In’ button and you should be taken to your email account homepage.
How Do I Reset My BellSouth Email Account Password?
If you have forgotten your password, or need to reset it for any other reason, you can also do this from the main AT&T login page. As described above, this can be accessed by visiting https://signin.att.com/ (or http://www.att.net and then clicking on ‘Mail’).
From there, click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link, which you can find underneath the main login form. You will need to provide your full email address in the field labelled ‘User ID’ and you will also need to provide your name. Click on the ‘Continue’ button and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the password reset process.
The diest link to the Bellsouth Email password reset page is https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/fpwd/lander.
As you reach the end of this process, you will be able to select a new password. This should be different from your previous password and any password you have previously used with the same account. It is also recommended that you use a unique password, which is not associated with any of your other online accounts or services.
BellSouth Email Settings.
What Are the BellSouth.net POP3 and IMAP Settings?
Your BellSouth email account is compatible with desktop and mobile email applications, including Outlook and Apple Mail and you have the option of using either POP3 or IMAP for this purpose. This will allow you to read and send emails without needing to go through the AT&T login process each time. The settings to use are as follows:
Bellsouth POP3 email settings:
Inbound Server: inbound.att.net
Inbound Port: 995
Outbound Server: outbound.att.net
Outbound Port: 465
Bellsouth IMAP email settings:
Inbound Server: imap.mail.att.net
Inbound Port: 993
Outbound Server: smtp.mail.att.net
Outbound Port: 465 or 587
It is also worth noting that these same POP3 and IMAP settings can also be used with other email accounts that fall under the AT&T umbrella too, including those ending in @att.net, @ameritech.net, @flash.net and @currently.com.
BellSouth Email Support.
At times, you may require assistance when using your BellSouth email account. Fortunately, there are a number of different BellSouth email support options available, depending on the nature of your problem and your preferences.
The first option is to visit the AT&T Mail troubleshooting page, which can be found at the following address:
In many cases, this should be your first option, as it covers many of the common problems that users encounter with the email service, and provides easy access to the solutions to those issues.
An alternative to this is to read questions and answers from the AT&T Email forum, which also covers BellSouth email:
This can be a useful option, because most of the problems users run into are fairly common, meaning other users have probably experienced them and found solutions. The forum includes a search function, which also makes it easier to find a question that relates to the issue you are experiencing, or the topic you would like to know more about.
Bellsouth and ATT.net Email Chat.
You can connect to a AT&T representative by doing the following: Go the ATT Password Reset page, and find the “CHAT” button on the right side of the screen.
- Search for “Chat to representative”.
- Write ‘Email’.
- Click on ‘AT&T Internet’.
- Enter your name, and you will get connected with a AT&T representative.
Bellsouth Email Support Phone Numbers.
Finally, you can also call the support phone numbers for AT&T, which are as follows:
- Call AT&T email support at 1-800-288-202 for Bellsouth Email password reset issues.
- For general questions and queries, call AT&T’s toll-free support phone number on: (888) 333-6651.
- If you are an AT&T customer and want account support, call the account support line on: 800-331-0500.